Can't install from PC? Try using WAP

Topics regarding how to install mobile games and applications via your PC using Bluetooth, data cables, etc.
   Bookmark and Share

Can't install from PC? Try using WAP

Postby kalador on Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:26 am

Hi,

We're trying our best to provide info for installing Java games/applications to your mobile from PCs; some phone manufacturers make it easy (e.g. Nokia, Sony Ericsson) and some make it hard (most Samsungs must be "unlocked" first, and each model has different codes for unlocking). That said, I want to remind people that the EASIEST WAY TO INSTALL JAVA GAMES/APPLICATIONS IS VIA WAP. To do so, open your phone's browser and go to http://mobilerated.com/wap. We have a forum for WAP downloading here: http://forum.mobilerated.com/viewforum.php?f=1

Please, please, please, continue to post your installation questions/requests. And, if you find solutions, please post them to this forum. If you find useful instructions elsewhere, please post links to them. Over time we'll be organizing/categorizing the information to make it easier for everyone.

Cheers!
Kim

kalador
Site Admin

Re: Can't install from PC? Try using WAP

Postby LGnator on Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:21 pm

Is there another way of installing games & apps without using WAP, cause i don't hav internet on my phone. thanx :D
LGnator

Postby kalador on Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:38 pm

LGnator wrote:Is there another way of installing games & apps without using WAP, cause i don't hav internet on my phone. thanx :D

Of course there is. You can install via your PC using USB or Bluetooth - how to do that is the topic of this forum. The post above is just a reminder for those less technical people that installing via WAP is the easiest way.
kalador
Site Admin

Postby LGnator on Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:31 am

i'm that kind of person who doesn't know much about phone. So, umm.. what is via again? :roll:
LGnator

Postby kalador on Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:59 pm

LGnator wrote:i'm that kind of person who doesn't know much about phone. So, umm.. what is via again? :roll:

VIA - preposition
1. by way of; through: he fled to London via Crete
2. by means of: working from home and keeping in touch with office life via a video link-up [Latin]
kalador
Site Admin

Postby LGnator on Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:53 pm

OK, thnks. But, my main problem is that i want to download/ install games & apps on my phone, but it won't let me. For example, i downloaded testris to my PC and use usb to sent it to my phone. When i disconnected it and go to the "Memory Card" folder in my phone, it shows a "?" on the left of it. I can't move it to any folder except the "Other Files" folder, and i can't play or do anything. Please Help!!!! thanx :|
LGnator

Postby kalador on Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:20 pm

LGnator wrote:OK, thnks. But, my main problem is that i want to download/ install games & apps on my phone, but it won't let me. For example, i downloaded testris to my PC and use usb to sent it to my phone. When i disconnected it and go to the "Memory Card" folder in my phone, it shows a "?" on the left of it. I can't move it to any folder except the "Other Files" folder, and i can't play or do anything. Please Help!!!! thanx :|

Well, that's what this forum's for. Please create a separate topic for your question and be sure to say what phone model you have and what you've tried so far, etc. Hopefully someone will be able to help you.
kalador
Site Admin

Postby LGnator on Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:41 pm

K :)
LGnator

Return to Installing via PC (bluetooth, datacable, etc.)